MARY MOUNT SEC RESEARCH CLUB OF KENYA
The club consists of 60 members, 15students from each class.
Every student pays a registration of sh150 annually.
The club officials include:
- The Director- Gloria Masaki
- The Deputy Director- Agnes Njeri
- The Managers- Strategy Formation- Rhoda Irungu
- Data Presentation- Mercy Manyu
- Data Collection- Mercy Kimondo
- Data Analysis- Naomi Chepkorir Rotich
- Secretary- Juliet Wangare Saisi
- Treasurer- Ruth Nyokabi
- To identify problems in school and help find their solutions.
- To create awareness of various emerging issues affecting the society e.g. drug abuse.
- To equip students with various skills of carrying out research.
- To promote interaction among people through research.
- Participated in National Research competitions and emerged the best school nationally.
- Has enabled students to interact with other school during competitions and career fairs and also dignitaries during workshops e.g. Connecting Classrooms.
- Through the efforts of the British Council and Synovate, the Research Club of Kenya- Mary Mount Chapter has been used as a mentor to the newly initiated Research Club in Sierra Leone.
- Has been able to sensitive not only students but also other members of the public on issues concerning the environment and the essence of peace and reconciliation.
- Carry out research concerning various issues on behalf of the school administration.
- Participating in research competitions.
- Training other schools on how to conduct a research.
Patron: Mr. John Gichuri.