MARY MOUNT SEC JOURNALISM CLUB
The club has 20 form four’s, 15 form three’s, 15 form two’s and 10 form one’s, making a total of 60 members.
The registration fee is;
• Form fours-sh. 50.
• Form threes-sh.70.
• Form twos-sh.90.
• Form ones-sh.120.
The club officials include:
- Chairlady - Nancy Muturi.
- Vice-Chairlady - Nancy Houston
- Secretary- Michelle Gakuo
- Treasurer-Maureen Kinuthia
- Form 4 representative-Irene Njenga
- Form 3 representative-Sharon Kirui
- Form 2 representative- Winnie Makena
- To inform people on current issues
- To enhance our presentation skills
- To inspire people through our writings
- To enjoy ourselves as members of the Journalism Club.
- To enhance Journalism as a career
During our meetings which are scheduled every Monday from 4.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. the members meet to train ourselves to be good journalists by carrying out journalism activities which include:
o News anchoring
o Show hosting.
o Learning new vocabularies.
o Essay writing.
o Magazine publication.
1.Production of the School Magazine titled THE BLUE EYE.
- First Edition-2008.
- Second edition-2009.
- Third Edition-2010
2.Trips to mass communication firms which include:
- Standard Media Group (K.T.N}
- Daystar University
- United States International University
- Production of the School Calendar for 2010.
- Hosting a Talent Show in 2009.
- Anchoring news on the school assembly.